Included in every session will be one or more Skill Set exercises to help you engage with the Big Ideas presented. While this is optional, don’t cheat yourself and move through the Roadmap without applying the concepts you’re learning! Challenge yourself to complete every Skill Set activity and see what changes in your business as a result. We promise good things will happen.
Do you have your USPs clearly defined? Are they succinctly stated and easily remembered? Have you developed creative marketing around these statements?
If you have not developed your USPs yet, here are some questions to get you and your team thinking about what your company’s USPs might be. Once your have your USPs, begin training your team on how to use them, and create a marketing plan to get them in front of your customers!
- What needs of customers in the painting industry do you see going mostly unaddressed or poorly solved?
- As a homeowner, what would you most want delivered from your painting contractor?
- When you’re talking to a customer about your services, what do you end up emphasizing over and over?
- When you close a sale, what seems to be your strongest selling point?
- How do you stand out from competitors?
- What guarantees could you give about the quality of your work? Consider color, consistency, durability, craftsmanship, ect.
- How exceptional is your team in providing customer service?
- Do you provide warranties?
- How do you communicate in a special way with customers? Follow-up?
- What is your reputation in the community? Can you celebrate this?
- Does your team have special talent that can be highlighted?
- Are there cost savings with your company?
- What do you do that no one else does?
- What part of your work do you love and excel at that your customers might want to know about?
- Is there a part of your story that customers would connect to?
- Are you fast, reliable, trustworthy?
- Is the artistry and craftsmanship of your work unmatched? In what way?
- Can you provide a statistical frame of reference for your customer to show them how you stand out from average companies and average quality of work?