Included in every session will be one or more Skill Set exercises to help you engage with the Big Ideas presented. While this is optional, don’t cheat yourself and move through the Roadmap without applying the concepts you’re learning! Challenge yourself to complete every Skill Set activity and see what changes in your business as a result. We promise good things will happen.
Whether you’re creating a business name or logo, or considering rebranding, it helps to get constructive critique from others. When was the last time you asked people what they thought of your business name and logo? Do you think you received honest feedback? The questions below are designed to help people provide positive feedback for you regarding your business branding. Maybe you can make some small tweaks to engage more people, or maybe you’ll find out it’s time for an overhaul. All data is good data!
Ask someone to answer these questions honestly about your business name, logo, and general branding. This can be a family member, a friend, a customer, or someone random. Ask your employees to provide feedback! It might help to have a website pulled up or a marketing brochure in their hands. Remind them not to spare your feelings! If you’re worried about your reaction, consider building an anonymous survey with these questions and having people fill it out away from you.
- Does the branding communicate a message? If so, what is that message?
- Is the branding message consistent with the business background or story?
- Is the branding memorable?
- Are the colors simple, relevant, and coordinating?
- Are the fonts simple, uncluttered, and easy to read? Does they feel modern?
- Do you connect with the business name?
- What was your first impression of the business name and branding when you first saw it?
- Can the logo and branding be read from a distance?
- What would you change?